Club History

In 2013, Lebanon Area Boys & Girls Club (LABAGC) celebrated 60 years of service to Boone County. Since our inception, LABAGC has been offering sports leagues and clinics on a year-round basis as well as programing geared toward developing better citizenship, community involvement, leadership and improved educational outcomes.

The original Lebanon Boys Club was organized in 1953 and operated in the old Central School, site of the present day Municipal Building. The Club moved to its current location at 403 W. Main St. in 1961. A gym was added a year later.

In 1983, the Club started accepting girls as members and also opened a separate facility to serve the Zionsville community, adopting the name Boone County Boys & Girls Club.

In 1986, the Club purchased an adjacent property and began construction on a new, much larger facility. That building opened its doors in 1989.

The Lebanon and Zionsville clubs separated in 1990. Our Club adopted its current name, Lebanon Area Boys & Girls Club, at that time.

No history of the Club would be complete without mentioning Ralph Wortman who served as Executive Director for 20 years before his passing in 2008. The Ralph Wortman Memorial Scholarship was created in his honor to help former Club members continue their education. It is administered by the Lebanon Educational Foundation.